Abundant Farms, Inc – Superlatively Organic and Natural Farming Program in Florida, U.S.A.January 3, 2017
Acquisition of Majority Ownership in Vietnam-based Agricultural CompanyFebruary 18, 2017
PHI Group has signed a Business Cooperation Agreement with Nathan Trading Company Ltd., a Thai company specializing in the promotion of the growing of sacha inchi plants and processing seeds into finished products (“NTC”), to develop raw material sources, production, and marketing and sales of sacha inchi products for international markets.
PHI will initially purchase NTC’s sacha inchi products for sale in several select international markets. NTC and PHI will also jointly promote the growing of sacha inchi plants and secure harvests for raw material from Southeast Asia and other compatible geographical areas as well as increase NTC’s production capacity to meet future demand for sacha inchi products. PHI will design and implement marketing and sales strategies for NTC’s sacha inchi products in the United States and other international markets.
Originally from the Amazon rainforest and the high Andes Mountains of Peru, sacha inchi has been part of the Inca diet for 3,000 years. The sacha inchi plant, plukenetia volubilis, a rainforest vine, with star-shaped seed pods, is currently cultivated primarily in parts of Southeast Asia and South America. Sacha inchi has been recognized for a number of health benefits:
- Weight loss: As one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, sacha inchi nuts can help balance cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are controlled, food cravings and mood swings are reduced. In fact, medical personality Dr. Oz lists sacha inchi as one of his best snacks for weight loss.
- Heart health: Medical studies have shown that sacha inchi’s high concentration and proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids reduce the risk of heart disease. Its fats are largely monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.
- Complete protein: As a complete protein, sacha inchi contains every amino acid our body needs to function properly. Sacha inchi provides 9 grams of protein per serving.
- Bone health: Since sacha inchi is high in omega-3 fatty acids, it can support bone structure. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance bone mineral content by helping the body absorb calcium. Eating more foods rich in omega-3s can help protect bones as people age.
- Skin and hair: Sacha inchi nuts provide nutrients that promote supple skin and silky hair. Omega-3 fatty acids support hydration and protect against inflammation, while the vitamin E found in sacha inchi prevents free radical damage that can harm skin.